[PD] qlist-back one step?

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 00:17:43 CEST 2006

On 8/8/06, Ypatios Grigoriadis <ypatios at gmail.com> wrote:
> And another thing:
> (hi list..)

> for [qlist ]?
>
> I just want to go one step back...

That's a neat idea.
It probably could be implemented with a patch.  Depending on how
CPU-intensive and time-sensitive the task, it might not take much
longer to use a counter for how many steps you go into the list, then,
all as part of one command, rewind the list, turn off [spigot] objects
on the message receivers, and take the same number of steps - 1 into
the list before turning the spigots back on.
There might be a simpler way.  Maybe you could keep two copies of each
qlist, and insert an extra step at the beginning of one before
sequencing, so that one is always one step behind.  I haven't used
qlist much, I don't know how practical copying its contents would be.

-Chuckk

> --
> Ypatios.

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt