[PD] building HID from the CVS, errors

David Merrill dmerrill at media.mit.edu
Wed Aug 9 00:46:13 CEST 2006

Hello all,

Has anyone else had a problem trying to compile an external from the CVS
source? I just checked out the externals dir from CVS, and wanted to
compile the latest [hid], so after reading the README in the hid
directory, I typed:

 >make INCLUDE=/usr/lib/pd/src PDEXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/pd

..and got the following:

--paste--
dmerrill at dmerrill-t40:~/externals/hcs/hid$ make INCLUDE=/usr/lib/pd/src
PDEXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/pd
make -C /home/dmerrill/externals hid
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dmerrill/externals'
Makefile:25: /home/dmerrill/externals/../packages/Makefile.buildlayout:
No such file or directory
grep: /sigpack/source/sIgpAck.c: No such file or directory
grep: /zexy/src/zexy.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
`/home/dmerrill/externals/../packages/Makefile.buildlayout'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dmerrill/externals'
make: *** [default] Error 2
--end paste--

Why would the build want a /sigpack, and /zexy directory? And am I
missing a Makefile.buildlayout file?

I am on linux, running Ubuntu Dapper. (kernel 2.6.15-26-386)
thanks,
-David M.