[PD] Multiple (same) instances, and [sssad]

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed Aug 9 05:46:25 CEST 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 12:41:27PM +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> Tas Pas hat gesagt: // Tas Pas wrote:
>
> > I have a patch that features the same abstraction many times.  Each
> > one of these abstractions are connected to different objects so they
> > do other things each.
> >
> $0 would do something like this automatically, but you cannot use
> [sssad $0/something] in real life because if you save it to a file,
> what gets saved is something like "1004/something" but the "1004"-part
> will be different everytime you reopen the patch. So you have to use
> explicit names as recommended above.

And as such it would be very cool if there was something like $0 which
gave you a consistent value between saves/loads and shutdowns of Pd. It
would help with datastructures based saving too, and would do away with
the entire need to name every single abstraction on your canvas just
because you want to be able to save them.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx
http://mccormick.cx