[PD] pd crashes jackd

Ben Saylor bensaylor at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 9 06:40:48 CEST 2006

I've been having this problem for quite a while... whenever I quit PD,
jackd crashes after a few seconds.  Looking in the Connections window
in qjackctl, I can see that PD's ports remain after quitting until the
crash.  If I run jackd in the terminal with the same command as
qjackctl runs
(jackd -R -P89 -t10000 -dalsa -dhw:0 -r44100 -p128 -n2 -P -S) ,
its last words are:

jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jackd

I'm running Debian testing, jackd 0.101.1-1, Pd-0.39.2-extended-test4,
but this has been happening for several PD versions (not sure when it
started).  Is anyone else seeing this?  One other jack app I know of,
jack-rack, actually has the same problem.

Ben