[PD] tabread4~ problem or is it just me?

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed Aug 9 09:31:05 CEST 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Ypatios Grigoriadis wrote:
> Or if anyone can figure out another solution, i would be grateful.

Arrays are not meant to load long soundfiles, which doesn't mean that
the problem is less serious, but its some sort of excuse...
(BTW PDa only plays back samples up to 8 seconds with tabread4~)

Use tabplay~ or a soundfile player object, like readsf~ (which has its
usability issues, but thats another topic) or sfplay~ or readanysf~.
If you need varispeed, i have an external for linux lying around that
does that (I am using it for PDa mainly).

Other solutions might include splitting your long soundfile into shorter
ones.

Günter