[PD] Multiple (same) instances, and [sssad]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Aug 9 10:07:41 CEST 2006

Hallo,
geiger hat gesagt: // geiger wrote:

> One could generate the ID automatically based on the name of the
> abstraction, its position (relative to the other abstraction with the same
> name) and the ID of the parent patch.
>
> This way it might be possible to come up with unique ID's without
> having to name your abstractions individually.
>
> e.g
>
> MAIN1/abs4/subabs3
>
> would be the 3rd abstraction "subabs" (ordered with increasing x then y)
> in the 4th abstraction "abs" in the main patch "MAIN".

I thought of that as well, but how do you deal with edits of a patch?
Say you delete or recreate an abstraction instance, how should Pd know
which abstraction is used for which saved data? Maybe Ben Bogart can
say something about how he did it in picelTANGO, where auto-generated
"tags" are in use as far as I understand.

Ciao