[PD] Multiple (same) instances, and [sssad]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 9 16:55:50 CEST 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, geiger wrote:

> Most of the time, if you have several abstractions of the same type in a
> patch, they do the same thing, so nothing is lost. If your patch only
> has one abstraction of each type, there is no problem anyhow.

I'll send you a virus that will rename all files to each other's name as
long as they have the same file type. Nothing will be lost. :-]

Or rather, I can prove you that the amount of information that you will
lose will be insignificant, that is, a sum of logs of factorials. If you
have 750 jpegs and 300 pdfs and I scramble their filenames, you only lose
log2(750!)+log2(300!) = 8128 bits = ONLY ONE KILOBYTE! imagine that
compared to the humongous size of the pictures and documents!

what's missing in that reasoning:
the bits lost are not as important as the patience lost.