[PD] Multiple (same) instances, and [sssad]

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 9 17:08:33 CEST 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>> Anyways I generally prefer the explicit approach Pd uses most of the
>> time.
>
> It's generally better for dynamic patch creation.

Actually, more important than dynamic patch creation is the ability to
just move things around and put them in their natural place without
destroying the carefully-chosen order. Most of all, think of patches made
in a vertical style, because it's what naturally fits:

[inlet]

[*]\[inlet]

[+]\[inlet]

[%]\[inlet]
  :
  :
[outlet]

Then in order to make this thing work predictably, I can't put things in a
clean vertical order, i have to place the objects along a diagonal, or
switch to a horizontal style:

[inlet]   [inlet] [inlet]

Which is often not natural in Pd, and I'd almost say, not often natural.
(it really depends on what's in the patch exactly, but I'd rather choose
how I place my objects without interference)