[PD] Compil Gem with pix_record

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Aug 9 18:04:15 CEST 2006

thiery at la-kitchen.fr wrote:
> Hello,
> no libtif et imagemagick Gem configure not find them
> how do you make to Gem find them?
> I have with synaptic install the imagemagick and libtif
> Thomas

for [pix_record] you don't need imagemagick, but a recent(!) version of
libquicktime (on my debian/etch box it is libquicktime-dev 1:0.9.7-0.6;
older versions of ubuntu do NOT come with a recent enough version!)

however, for reading and writing still images (e.g. with [pix_write]),
you want to install libmagick++ (don't forget the -dev packages!)

mfg.adsr
IOhannes