[PD] array copy speed test

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Aug 9 22:23:35 CEST 2006

On Aug 1, 2006, at 7:22 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> I have a patch that records to a large buffer, then copies chunks
>> of the buffer array to other arrays, where they are then
>> individually controlled.  I am hoping to do be able to do this
>> very frequently, like 10+ times a second.  I would also like to be
>> able to run this patch on PCs that I find on the street here, like
>> Pentium III 600 MHz.
>>
> Oh yes then it's true the streets of NYC are paved with gold...
> Martin

This is an amazingly wasteful place sometimes, but its a great place
to live off the fat of the land.  The vast majority of people I know
have furniture they've gotten from the street, for example.  I've
seen dumpsters full of working computer equipment.  Its heinous
actually, unless you can get that equipment to people who can use it.

I've actually had to stop collecting street-find PCs.  I just
couldn't keep more than 20 PCs around... now 10 of them are finding
new life in the Pd compile farm!