[PD] qlist-back one step?

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 00:22:36 CEST 2006

On 8/9/06, Ypatios Grigoriadis <ypatios at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Chuckk,
>
> i would really like to avoid this(the counter-spigot solution..) but since
> there's nothing like a <back> message it may be the only way.
>
> As for the double qlist, it brings not much because what i want to achieve
> is a sort of loop within qlist, which means that it must be able to go one
> or more steps back continuously.
> I can do this with <rewind>, but then i should make a different text file
> for each loop. That is another solution ofcourse, but it would be way more
> practical to have only one text file and one qlist object.

How about using arrays in data structures to sequence?  I seldom use
qlist because this is more versatile.  If you pack all the important
data for each step of a sequence into an element of an array, you can
call up any step easily, as many times as you like.  I made a quick
example patch.  It takes a little more patching than a qlist, but, if
I understand correctly, it does exactly what you want.  Does this
help?

-Chuckk