[PD] OT: collectives in america?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Aug 10 06:29:02 CEST 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 1:20 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> Kevin McCoy hat gesagt: // Kevin McCoy wrote:
>
>> I've been enjoying looking around the sites of different groups/
>> events
>> in Europe that have formed around free software (Pd in particular),
>> like APO33, OpenLab, goto10, etc... are there any that are operating
>> in the U.S.?  I just haven't come across any yet.
>
> dorkbot was founden in the US AFAIK, and it seems to share a similar
> approach with many of the mentioned organisations. At least the whole
> Pd School crowd attended the London dorkbot two weeks ago as well.

Dorkbot starting in NYC to be particular.  Its really just an
informal lecture/performance series if anything.  Plus a meet-n-greet.

Share (http://share.dj ) is all about playing together, it also
started in NYC.

I want to start a hacklab in NYC since we have talks (dorkbot) and
open jams (share).  Now we need a place to meet up and get some
hacking done!

There is no way to peace, peace is the way.       -A.J. Muste