[Pd] externals

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu Aug 10 18:37:30 CEST 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2006, at 5:33 AM, geiger wrote:
>

> > On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> >> All that content is already on puredata.org.  That sourceforge page
> >> is just an old copy of things that hasn't been maintained since Oct.
> >> 2004.
> >
> > Not updated != not maintained. I think the information there
>
> These pages are out of date:
>
> http://pure-data.sourceforge.net/download.php

well, i have seen worse on the puredata.org page. all the links work,
and point to the right resource.

> http://pure-data.sourceforge.net/documentation.php

this page has never been really finished. I would say 50%
of puredata.org are in the same state.

> > is still valuable and easier to access than the WIKI. I am also
> > missing the information about the trackers on the WIKI, but maybe
> > I just didn't look hard enough.
>
> Ah, ok the trackers page isn't in puredata.org
>
> http://pure-data.sourceforge.net/trackers.php
>
> but it would be trivial to move it there.  Something like:
>
> http://puredata.org/dev/trackers
>
> There is already a link to the bug tracker:
>
> http://puredata.org/dev/bugtracker/
>
> I would happily move that page to puredata.org if you agree that we
> can redirect pure-data.sourceforge.net to puredata.org

Everything that avoids duplication is good for me.

I think that puredata.org needs a bit more work than just
copying the link to the feature and patch trackers.

-) http://puredata.org/dev/ has several broken links (externals,
   abstraction, etc, etc..
-) what is the difference between puredata.org/dev and
   http://puredata.org/docs/developer/ ? its bad to have the
   information in two different places. maybe we can merge this.
-) Instead(or in addition) of having a link to a list of bugs, the bug
   tracker should have a link to the bug submit page (same for feature
   request and patches).

In general I find the wiki pretty confusing, but maybe I am just too
old and conservative. I would say we try to fix this, so that changing
the link really is an improvement of the situation.

Günter