[PD] arrays on 64 bit

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Fri Aug 11 07:47:11 CEST 2006

Thanks for the report,

have to check, actually the patches weren't against devel_0_39, but
against 0.39.2.

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006, carmen wrote:
> on the first try, 9 of 11 hunk succeed on devel_0_39. heres a patch
> which fixes the 2 .rej's.
>
> it is better. [ ; asd 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8( , tabreads back as 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 7,
> [ ; asd 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4( reads 1 2 3 4 4 4 4 4.

You know that the first element is the position where to insert ?
So 2) looks ok. 1) looks bad, I wonder where the 8 has gone, will check
later this day.

> then after a bit of fiddling, theres a crash in #0
> 0x000000000042fe95 in fifo_put ()

There is no fifo_put in standard pd, so this might be due to applying
a patch for 0.39.2 to devel_0_39 ?
Or devel_0_39 has 64 bit issues in general ?

> so theres still one? bug left, at least. well, two, if you count the
> segfault. i'll try again next year :)

The only proposal I can make is to check the patch against
devel_0_39 myself. But if you are not in a hurry, there are other
things to do :)

Thanks for trying.

Günter