[PD] Settable [catch~] and [s~]

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Fri Aug 11 10:26:42 CEST 2006

Hi,

This kind of follows on from the recent thread about settable [s]. One thing I have never understood about PD, is why only one side of the [catch~]/[throw~], [s~]/[r~] is settable, and why it is the sender with the former, and the receiver with the latter?

It would be a really useful feature for me to have at least one of these settable at both ends. I am achieving this at the moment with a dynamic patching kludge, but it is quite nasty.

Does anyone think this is worth adding as a feature request, or know an alternate method (without externals).

Jamie