[PD] Fwd: [maxmsp] Lobjects Source

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Aug 13 04:06:04 CEST 2006

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Interesting. I downloaded the stuff from
> ftp://arts.ucsc.edu/pub/ems/lobjects/source/ but it is in some funky
> format: Looking inside it with "cat" it seems to contain C source code,
> but it's wrapped in some binary junk, probably some poisonous Apple
> juice. Does anybody know, how this can be made into proper textfiles on
> Linux?

Download all using: wget -r ftp://arts.ucsc.edu/pub/ems/lobjects/source/

Then run the following Ruby program that I just wrote:

Dir["*.bin"].each {|fn|
   data = File.read(fn)
   n=data.index("\0",128)
   File.open(fn.gsub(/\.bin$/,""),"w") {|f| f.write data[128...n] }
}

Or download the result from http://artengine.ca/matju/Lobjects-src.tar.gz

BTW: I could not find a decoder for it, nor a name for the format, and
people on the #macosx channel didn't know what it is.