[PD] Can $0 be 0?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sun Aug 13 19:10:50 CEST 2006

That's funny... the reason $0 starts at 1000 and not 0 is because in
Max the $ variables were printffed into the boxes themselves and I
wanted to keep all the $ variables (at least the first 8999 of them)
to the same width as a character string.

Anyway, $0 uses true integers, so that it's unlikely they will ever reach
zero (you'd have to fill your address speace 100s of times)... so I think
you're safe.

cheers
Miller