[PD] Gem: vertical line moving from left to right becomes jagged

tim info at timvets.net
Sun Aug 13 23:11:43 CEST 2006

Hello,

I want to achieve a simple straight ribbon moving from one side of the
srcreen to the other horizontally.
looking something like:

(with the grey ribbon moving from left to right)
but in reality it comes out jagged, somewhat like:

is there something i can do about that ?
(framerate? antialliasing? videocard ? ...)

what is the best way for moving basic figures smoothly over the screen?
I was fiddling about with an alternative to the line object:

|    [for++ 0 64000 0.1]
|    |
|    [* 0.05]
|    |
|    [- 1600]
|    |
|    [/ 400]
|       \
[translateXYZ]

[rectangle 0.5 7]

I get rather jumpy movement, as if it skips some pixels now and then...
(pd, Gem, WinXp)

thanks!
Tim