[PD] pd-based procedural chord progression database..

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 14 02:44:15 CEST 2006

padawan12 <padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk> a écrit :
>What about with more flowing classical music of
>Vivaldi, Debussy and Gorekci? I suppose that works in the same
>way but the rythmn/timing is just more subtle or implied.

  Vivaldi is a composer from a period when the sixth semi tone,
  or the fifth flat, or the devil note, were not allowed at all by the church.
  He had to follow very strict rules,
  that's why his music sounds very childish (in my paradigm).
  While Debussy is a more modern composer,
  he has been very influenced by Erik Satie which has stopped to follow the old rules of harmony imposed since centuries, they have introduced the concept of enharmony, and arythmic patterns.

>What is a tri-tonic substitution?

  The seventh flat in a major chord is the triton of the major third, if we substitute a 7 flat major chords with another one, _six semi-tones below_, or above (same one), we will get the same notes than the altered chord.
  The altered chord is often used instead of the 7 flat major chord for resolving
  to the major chord or a minor chord one fift above.

  It's a kind of mirror effect.

  Regards,
  Patco.

  PS: I've attached a better sounding of voices example patch.

 Découvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet ! Yahoo! Questions/Réponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expériences. Cliquez ici.