[PD] pd compile problems with jacklib-0.100

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Mon Aug 14 19:07:57 CEST 2006

> s_audio.o: In function `audio_getdevs':/root/install/pd-0.39-2/src/s_audio.c:538: undefined reference to `jack_getdevs'
> s_audio.o: In function `sys_listdevs':/root/install/pd-0.39-2/src/s_audio.c:766: undefined reference to `jack_listdevs'

> Is there a patch against jack-0.100?

that looks more like a missing <include> somewhere, or a missing -L flag,. the pd ./configure script doesnt use pkg-config, which is the right way to get this info for jack..

is there a recommended version of jack for pd? i havent been able to get any sound out of pd with jackd version 0.102.15. it simply thinks theres 0 devices no matter what (and it says like Audio API 2, or Audio API 5, which is no way to tel if it is even using jack, or fell back to something else). additionalyl i dont want to downgrade my jack since is the first one that doesnt segfault every 5 minutes. pd-devel works with jack, but segfaults for other reasons..

guess i'm in the same boat. let me know if/how/when you get it working :)