[PD] windows joystick update, added POV-hat support

David Merrill dmerrill at media.mit.edu
Tue Aug 15 01:04:29 CEST 2006

Hello PD-list,

I've updated jsarlo's original Win32 PD object to support a "point of
view hat", a feature that a lot of today's gamepads use.

Original source was found here:
http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~jsarlo/pd/

My new source and compiled DLL is here:
http://web.media.mit.edu/~dmerrill/sw/joystick.zip
(note, I've changed the makefile a bit to support my version of visual
studio .net - you can find the original makefile in jsarlo's posted .zip)

If anyone's using joysticks on windows and would like to try this out
and give me feedback, please do - it works on my Microsoft Sidewinder
Dual Strike, but I'd like to know if it works for other devices that
have a POV-hat also..

cheers,
-David Merrill
p.s. in case you haven't heard of a "POV-hat", here's a picture of the
joystick I'm using:
http://web.media.mit.edu/~dmerrill/purejoy.html
http://web.media.mit.edu/~dmerrill/images/thumb_300x201.jpg
the POV-hat is the 4-direction switch that rests underneath the left thumb..

--
MIT Media Lab
dmerrill at media.mit.edu