[PD] pd-based procedural chord progression database..

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Tue Aug 15 01:58:32 CEST 2006

On 8/14/06, David Powers <cyborgk at gmail.com> wrote:
> This info would give pretty realistic modern voicings, when combined with
> some idea of voicing - not voice leading per se, but avoiding big jumps
> between chord voicings. Hope this info is helpful, I don't want to clog up
> PD list with too much of this kind of thing...

I would be interested in using a pd-music mailing list. Would you guys
appreciate that ?
There, we could discuss anything we want on these topics. Also, some
wiki pages in a (plone-ish) portal could be great. I also thought of a
set of PD patches for interactive learning of the musical theory. Good
idea, no ?!

Otherwise, we should write a page for places to look on the net for
theoretical music and algorythms.

By the way, maybe we should avoid putting a general interest wiki page
under a user's namespace. And, while I am into it, it would be nice to
use something else than Plone (faster ?) like MoinMoin or Drupal or
such. Maybe a Drupal at http://patchr.puredata.info/ for patches and a
MoinMoin at http://wiki.puredata.info/ as a powerful wiki. Also, a
faster server would help... but maybe it is just Plone that is so
slow.

--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net