[PD] jittering sensors

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 12:06:49 CEST 2006

Platform? MacOSX I guess.
Try lowering your IRQ numbers (increasing priority) for USB (uhci)
If PC/Win some mobos let you do this in the BIOS.
For linux a low latency kernel will do wonders especialy
if you have the patch to tweak te APIC vectors you can
get USB responding very fast, but the easiest
way is to load up Puredyne which is the fastest "of the shelf"
Linux out there for AV multimedia right now.
Try the simple things first, like not running loads of crap
you dont need. Lastly, the easiest way is to low pass filter
/average the signal and just pretend there's no jitter. :)

Else