[PD] jittering sensors

shift8 shift8 at digitrash.com
Wed Aug 16 01:36:52 CEST 2006

if you have access to the firmware code and a programmer, you could do a
last & max-change threshold solution in your sensor read loop (this has
the advantage of reducing the amount of overhead in your patches.)

pseudo code:

if (abs(last - current) > thres) {
	last = current;
	send(current);
}

you can also do the same thing in pd as you read values from the device
and b4 you do (send, etc) anything w/ them.

On Tue, 2006-08-15 at 14:49 -0400, patrick wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i've done a project using the MULTIO of mamalala and HID to capture the
> output of my sensors (infra-red, tilt and such). sadly the values are
> really jittering and i have a logarithm sensor too.
>
> i know that each case is unique, but maybe there's some rules to
> stabilize the fluctuation and correct the curve (logarithm)???
>
> thanks for sharing any knowledge on this!
> pat

Mechanize something idiosyncratic.