[PD] [GEM] map text onto Geo

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Wed Aug 16 13:51:20 CEST 2006

This is probably a bonehead GEM question:

How do you map [text2d] or [text3d] onto a Geo. [pix_texture] doesn't do
the job.

Also:

Is there anything in HC's PD-Extended installer which supports entering
text with spaces? [symbol] doesn't do the job here either.

The end goal:

A bouncing sphere with user-entered text wrapped around it. I did check
the archives and only found some stuff from Toxy [didn't create
properly], GriPD (not in HC's installer), or BBogart's [enter] (also not
in installer as far as I can tell). It looks like the one from miXed got
close:

> beware! this is widget 0.1, 19th alpha build...
> warning (Widget): no file 'setup.wid'... using built-in defaults
> error (miXed): bad arguments for a widget
>                expecting "widget <type> <name> [properties]"
>  widget text
> ... couldn't create

But I guess I'm not creating it right.

Suggestions appreciated!