[PD] [GEM] map text onto Geo

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Aug 16 18:37:30 CEST 2006

Hi Derek,

#1. in the future we should be able to render a "text3d" onto an
offscreen buffer (like an invisible gem-window) that creates a texture
(pixels). Then you would be able to texture the text onto an object
rendered into the gem-window on a second pass. James tittle is working
on this stuff and its in the gem CVS (under a different tag Jamie?)

For a stop-gap you can probably render text (as pixels) in pdp/pidip
controlling it live, and texturing that in Gem...

#2. [entry] should be in the pd-extended packages, it sure used to be...
Looks like it is certainly not in 0.39-test5 (autobuild) but gem and
flext externals are also missing. I'm downloading the stable pd-extended
to see if it is in there. Sure enough [entry] is in the "stable"
pd-extended installer. you can always copy the pd_darwin/linux out of
that folder into your (newer?) installer.

.b.