[PD] pd-based procedural chord progression database..

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Thu Aug 17 20:07:30 CEST 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006 23:19:54 -0400 (EDT)
Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
> > A bit of trivia that some of you might or might not know: Anceint Greek
> > theorists called our Ionian mode "Lydian". Their diatonic scales counted
> > *downward* by the same intervals ours uses upward;

Or clockwise vs anticlockwise around the octave circle?

What I found interesting below is that scale equivilences
turn out to be equal areas of the polygon so decribed.
Am I understanding that right? Does it make sense?

http://www.cs.queensu.ca/home/daver/Pubs/MyPDF/GeomHarm.pdf

>  which, like most mistakes, was
> perpetrated during the Middle Ages.
>
> (Most other mistakes were perpetrated during the Bush era)

 The latter being an attempt to recreate the former.