[PD] feedback detection

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Aug 17 07:44:07 CEST 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 6:43 AM, Jamie Bullock wrote:

> There is an cross-correlation class [cc~] in the flib library,
> which you can use to do auto-correlation. It has both a time domain
> and a frequency domain CC function. I found the output of the time
> domain implementation to be easier to interpret.

I've forgotten all my DSP math, could you enlighten me as to how I
might use this?

> There are also number of other feature extraction objects in flib
> that might help with what you need, including [peak~], which does
> the same as [peakit~] except that with [peak~] the magnitude
> spectrum isn't calculated by the object, so you can precalculate
> the power spectrum, log mag spectrum, cepstrum and pass it to the
> object. With [peak~] you can also set a threshold as a percentage
> below the maximum peak found.

I checked out [peak~], it looks like its outputting data similar to
what I am looking for, but in a strange format.  How can I get just
the frequency of the highest peak?  Also, I would like to have much
higher resolution.  Is that possible?

> You might find [bmax~] useful, as it returns the bin numbers of the
> n most prominent partials, I think similar to ekext/[hasc~]. (ekext/
> [hssc~] might also be useful, but you have probably already tried).

I played a bit, and didn't really get anywhere.  More on that later...

> Also you might want to try flib/[irreg~], flib/[ss~] which measure
> spectral irregularity and spectral smoothness respectively.

I will play with those in the future, for sure.

.hc