[PD] Routing from tuner card into PD.

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Aug 18 02:29:26 CEST 2006

Hey all,

Is/has anyone worked with those tv/radio tuner cards under linux?

The idea is to use them to gather "found sounds" from the radio waves
and process them based on fitness (for example extracting human voice,
collecting individual words, etc..)

#1. How can I tune the frequency from inside pd? (I suppose I could try
one of those cli utils and control it with shell, I guess there is no
external for tuning a radio card?)

#2. How to get the radio into PD? There is a physical connection from
the tuner card to the aux of the mainboard (sound card) how can I get at
this "channel" from inside pd?

I saw this post: anything anyone can add from further work?

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2004-08/021717.html

Thanks!
..b..