[PD] Re: OSC & network stuff

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Aug 18 06:23:26 CEST 2006

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On Aug 17, 2006, at 2:10 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> There's no such requirement in C++.
> There is also no such requirement in Java,

There is such a requirement implemented by most Java compilers and
classloaders, that for a class to be public, it should have the same name
as the file it's in. The requirement isn't in the language (in the sense
of grammar and semantics), instead it's in the language (in the sense of
runtime environment).

> its considered standard practice,

by whom?

> and good for your sanity.

Oh, that must be why I'm insane. Go smoke banana peels.