[PD] pd-based procedural chord progression database..

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Aug 18 08:37:14 CEST 2006

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006, Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> F          C          G          C could become
> F          F#        G          C, or
> Abm     F#       Em(or E7)   C
> and so on.  I think a jazz theory teacher somewhere used to mention
> third substitution too.  That would be a simple way to take things
> outside the usual electronica.  I don't know if it would always sound
> good, but hey, Jimi Hendrix didn't always sound good.

I think Hendrix was very well aware of that, and that's why he was
thinking of switching bands in order to renew his sound. He had a deal
with three other guys for starting a new band called HELP. Hendrix delayed
his involvement in that project because of schedule issues and then died.
The new band started anyway, dropping the letter H from its name, and made
a bunch of successful albums and shows. It was notable by the fact that it
was at once called a "rock band" and yet never has had any non-bass
electric guitar.

Ok, now I'm really off-topic =)