[PD] real time audio normalizing

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Aug 19 19:19:40 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 13:49 +0100, padawan12 wrote:
> There's a [compressor~] in Unauthorized. Actually I think
> this is very useful to noobs because it has only one parameter,
> a "compression amount" ranging from 0 to 4

this is not a compressor, though the name is a bit misleading. what it
does is _not_ a dynamic processing of the incoming signal, but it is a
kind of a waveshaping. put an array on its output in the help-patch, and
you will see that it 'only' shapes the waveform, which produces
harmonics (normally you try to avoid adding harmonics when
compressing).

roman