[PD] can't get ac/97 input to work in pd

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Sat Aug 19 19:23:17 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 16:18 -0700, B. Bogart wrote:

> I have alsa up and running using the via82xx driver.
>
> I can play a CD in the cdrom drive and hear it, I can play a sound file
> and hear it. I can hear the radio tuner card though it. I can blow in a
> mic and hear that also. Doing all this just be altering the alsa mixer
> settings. So the inputs are correct, and the card is working (since I
> can hear the inputs).

all this doesn't mean, that your input works, since afaik the incoming
analogue signals are just routed to the output directly without beeing
digitized and vice versa.

i would test if you can capture any sound with another software than pd
(e.g arecord, arecord etc.) to make sure, that your input _really_
works.

roman