[PD] Colored (fractal, 1/f^a) noise generator for PD

alberto.zin at poste.it alberto.zin at poste.it
Sun Aug 20 18:40:13 CEST 2006

Hello Joao,

>hello.
>i can't explain this feedback. perhaps it is due to some
>iteration
>when reading some table. anyway, there is a problem in the
>abstraction : noise~, as you say, is not a gaussian noise
>source. it
>is a uniform white noise source.
>to have a gaussian noise source in pd, i suspect a pd
>external should
>be writen.

You are right. BTW, I already wrote
an external for gaussian noise generation (it is an easy
adaptation of the noise code + Box-Muller transform to
make it gaussian - not distributed yet
because I've to clean up the code, it is my first external
;-). But it did not change it very much :-(
In addition it seems that using noise~ is still ok to
have the desired slope in the spectrum...

thanks,

Alberto