[PD] Colored (fractal, 1/f^a) noise generator for PD (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Aug 21 06:12:58 CEST 2006

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, jose manuel berenguer wrote:

> and this is the case of that noises. don't look at theoretical spectra
> in frequency domain but signals in time domain ...

If a signal is random then how can I expect any part of it to be similar
to any other part of it?

And then, if I look at more general tendencies using bigger signal blocks
or averaging a lot of signal blocks together, how do I NOT approach a
theoretical model from probability theory?

And then, how can a mapping from two incompatible dimensions (watts vs
seconds) be analysed with methods that were made for two dimensions of the
same kind? I mean, you could measure the Hausdorff dimension of a signal
by setting some kind of equivalence rule between watts and seconds (huh?)
and then seeing the signal as a planar curve; but, by itself, the signal
is not a planar curve.