[PD] reload a patch

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 23 03:57:34 CEST 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Max Neupert wrote:

> well actually i thought that's anyway impossible, so those values would
> be lost. and this would be okay for now.

So, what if you just close the patch and reopen it? You can do that with
pd messages, such as "; open filename directory". Or else, even just
restart pd with the same arguments.

> but on the other hand your counter-question implies that i may just
> choose from both available options freely..

Not necessarily, I just wanted to know whether you had thought about the
losing the state of your objects and whether it mattered to you.

> so i would be curious how to do a patch reload at all an then one were
> we still have the stored values of the objects...

it's not possible without tracking which object is which. This might be
best done with one of pd's state-saving systems.