[PD] Trying to play a movie with GEM/pd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Aug 23 14:18:36 CEST 2006

Javier García wrote:
> IOhannes wrote:
>
>>> see the help-patches for [pix_movie], [pix_film] and [pix_texture].
>

> thanks IOhannes,
>
> i just tried to open several avi's with the example patch pix_movie.pd
> and pd crashes always.
>
> some goes wrong?

we still do not know which exact(!) version of Gem you use.
without that knowledge we cannot help you much.

however, you might experience codec problems.
do the example movies that come with Gem (homer.avi, anim-1.mov) work?
if the codec is the problem, feel free to search the archives of the
pd-list; this has often been discussed.

chris clepper has recently been working on a DirectShow based
film-loader which should solve a lot of problems for w32 users.

mfga.sdf
IOhannes