[PD] Trying to play a movie with GEM/pd

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 18:02:51 CEST 2006

I've mentioned this before but with all versions of GEM that I've used
on WinXP, AVI's crash PD. Quicktime, however, DOES work, despite
something in the help file saying that it doesn't work on Win. So I've
been using Quicktime movies that I find.

My only problem with it, is that there is no open source editor for
quicktime movies, whereas if AVI could work I could use Virtual Dub or
something similar. Seems like we really need some kind of
cross-platform, high-quality video standard for open source, like OGG
or FLAC for audio. In the meantime, I can't really use my own video -
I'm stuck stealing whatever quicktime movies I can find on the net,
which is far from ideal.

~David