[PD] Re: Soft Rock EP

Paris Treantafeles paris at parisgraphics.com
Thu Aug 24 01:58:10 CEST 2006

Hi Claude,

Thanks for the background info.

The Maciunas film is great but I think your work is sufficiently
different :-)

The idea of creating a customizable DVD is very cool. I can imagine
allowing users to control parameters in audio/video, etc. and create
something fun.

As for the steps that you took - I wonder if you could please explain
saving the ppm files in Gridflow.
I have looked at
http://gridflow.ca/latest/doc/format.html
and just couldn't figure it out.
I was trying to do something similar with jpegs and
sending messages like:

[open jpeg testfile(

and

[format jpeg(

to an

[#out]

object but had no luck.
I'm sure I'm just being stupid but any help would be appreciated!

I know that saving the files will slow things down considerably but
would still like to know how it's done :-)

Thank and best,