R: R: [PD] Arduino

Davide Morelli info at davidemorelli.it
Fri Aug 25 12:10:24 CEST 2006

I really think there is a problem in the firmware.

I modified your firmare removing everything but the analog readouts and
sending a byte (128 + pin number) before every readout to see which analog
I'm reading, I also modified arduino-help.pd and arduino.pd accordingly and
now it works ok.

you can download the modified firmware and patches here:
http://www.davidemorelli.it/public/Pduino-modified.zip

...am I the only one having problems with multiple analog inputs? have you
tested it with multiple analog ins?

> This sounds a lot like float voltages.  The Arduino's/Atmel's
> analog inputs are very sensitive to voltage.  So if you don't
> have analog pin tied to either ground or 5V (e.g. via a
> resistor), then there will be tiny voltages on those pins,
> which the Arduino will dutifully measure and report.  Try
> grounding any open pins.

yes, i did it on the last unused pin, maybe I get strange values because I'm
using quite long wires but the fact that I can read the first 3 analog but
not the last 3 is suspicious.

best,
davide.