[PD] where to find preferences on windows?

Roman Haefeli reduzierer at yahoo.de
Fri Aug 25 12:47:15 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 11:34 +0200, altern wrote:

> how can i manually change the preferences on windows? i know that on
> linux there is a settings file but how about windows? Do i need to edit
> the registry? I am checking the mailing list archives but i dont get a
> good answer.

you can start also pd from commandline with giving some arguments or you
can write all startoptions into a file with the extension .bat, like:

path/to/pd -some -options -open foo.pd

double-click on that file will start pd with all the given options.

> I did something stupid, put -nogui into the startup flags. Now always
> when i run pd is nogui and i cannot change it back ...

oops, i would delete the registry entry, but i don't know right now,
where it is located. afaik, there isn't an option you could use in your
startscript to overide the '-nogui'-flag from the registry. so i assume
deleting the registry entry is the only solution.

roman