[PD] ieee1394 for gem | cvs | make gives an error

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 29 09:44:10 CEST 2006

patritsch at gmx.ch wrote:
> hi pd list.
>
> i tried to compile the gem cvs for linux, because i need my ieee1394 device for my debian system. but when i'm making a #make it gives me the error:
>
> make -C Base -f ..//Makefile.subdir -j4
> make: *** [Base] Error 2
>
> so there, after the -f is a slash to much. when the make file is going in the dir called "Base", it can't go one level up to the file Makefile.subdir. so i went in each dir and made an "#make -f ../Makefile.subdir -j4"
> but i don't get the Gem.pd_linux... and now is no possibility to make an #make install : (

hmm, i doubt that the double slash is the problem (try to run "make -C
-f ..//Makefile.subdir" from Base/)
anyhow, i changed the Makefile in CVS so that there is only a single
slash (if you want this without checking out, just change the BUILDDIR
in Makefile to ".." (instead of "../")).

> what should i do??

make distclean; make

should solve most of your problems.

i just fixed the filmDS-code to compile on platforms without DIRECTSHOW.
either check out the (tiny) change or delete the Pixes/filmDS* files (on
linux you don't need them anyhow)

> alternitive: has anybody a gem with ieee1394 for linux??? i realy need it. would be great!

yes i have one (in theory, at least it is compiled in...), but it
depends on 73 dynamic libraries (several of them being non-free and from
obscure sources ;-)). i doubt whether you will be able to use it.

mf.aDR
IOhannes