[PD] pix_freeframe

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 29 20:22:48 CEST 2006

Zitat von james tittle <tigital at mac.com>:
> ...[pix_freeframe] does work on all 3 platforms (err, I haven't tried
>  windows), but currently the freeframe spec is undergoing a bit of

but i did. [pix_freeframe] is tested to work on all 3 platforms.

Zitat von Paris Treantafeles <paris at parisgraphics.com>:
> Hi Max,
>
> I'm curious about this too.
>
> On my debian machine, I installed the package: freeframe-petesvfx and

now i didn't know that pete's plugins have been packaged by debian. good news.

>  pd-pdp-freeframe which works nicely to control the plugins but I've
> never worked with (or even knew about) pix_freeframe.

that's just like live is... [pix_freeframe] is approximately 4 months
older than it's pdp sister (search the archives)
however, there haven't been an official release of Gem since (our fault)

also note that there are different philosophies between the 2 objects
(you cannot change the plugin loaded into [pix_freeframe], for good
reasons(!); probably this will change a bit in the future)

since Gem's native colorspace is RGBA (except for osx),
freeframe-effects (only RGB(A)) should perform better on Gem than on
pdp (which is YUV), though i have never done any benchmarks.

mfga.sdr
IOhannes