[PD] pix_freeframe

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 21:08:59 CEST 2006

Hi, This is SO weird, I just don't get it. Here's what I tried:

1. If I try to open a new pix_freeframe, nothing happens. I get:
 pix_freeframe freeframe/Slice
... couldn't create

2. If I open the "pix_freeframe" help file, this is what happens:
pix_film:: avi support
pix_film:: quicktime support
error: pix_freeframe: can't load abstraction within itself

 pix_freeframe WaveVFX
... couldn't create
pix_freeframe.pd 31 0 43 0 (pix_filmNEW->canvas) connection failed
pix_freeframe.pd 41 0 43 1 (gatom->canvas) connection failed
pix_freeframe.pd 43 0 30 0 (canvas->pix_texture) connection failed
error: pix_freeframe: can't load abstraction within itself

Okay, not surprising, because I don't have anything called "WaveVFX" ... BUT

3. If I then try to modify the help file, so that instead of WaveVFX
it's trying [pix_freeframe freeframe/Slice] I STILL get:

pix_freeframe WaveVFX
... couldn't create

But I'm not even trying to create "WaveVFX" any more!

Every time I get excited about something on PD, it turns out not to work! ARGH!

~David