[PD] pix_freeframe

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Aug 29 22:41:31 CEST 2006

Zitat von David Powers <cyborgk at gmail.com>:

> I changed PD "path" settings, deleting the path for System fonts, and
> replacing this with the pd/extra, thinking that, based on the
> freeframe helpfile, pd should look for the freeframe plugins, in all
> the directories inside the path. But, it doesn't work.

i am pretty sure the search-path feature does work (it does so on linux
and os-x, there is no reason to not work on w32). so put the font-path
back into the registry, and remove the pd/extra path, since this is
searched by pd anyhow (no need to add it double)

your problem is that you have a version of Gem that has no
freeframe-support built into it.
this explains the weird error messages you get: when you open the
help-patch, the best you get is the help-patch trying to load an
abstraction of the name "pix_freeframe"; the only one of this name is
itself - so you get the "abstraction cannot load within itself" error;
also when you change the object parameter to e.g. [pix_freeframe
freeframe/Slice], you instantiate the help-patch with the
[pix_freeframe WaveVFX] object inside (which refuses to create because
of recursion), which explains why you think that it loads "WaveVFX"
instead of "freeframe/Slice"

mf.asdr
IOhannes