[PD] pix_freeframe

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 30 01:52:40 CEST 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Yves Degoyon wrote:
> Johannes wrote:
>> since Gem's native colorspace is RGBA (except for osx), freeframe-effects
>> (only RGB(A)) should perform better on Gem than on pdp (which is YUV),
>> though i have never done any benchmarks.
> yes, but as RGB(A) is twice heavier than YUV, you don't prove anything
> with this remark, all depends of the patch.

I think that what Johannes wants to say, is that FreeFrame is RGBA, and
that if the colorspace you are using is not RGBA, you will have to convert
to RGBA and back to your colorspace, and that if there's not a RGBA image
format, you won't be able to eliminate the unnecessary conversions between
FreeFrame objects directly connected together.