[PD] [1/2 OT] Laptop audio interface choice under Linux

Davide Morelli info at davidemorelli.it
Wed Aug 30 10:42:05 CEST 2006

Firewire audio cards under linux are supported via "freebob" that is a
driver for jackd.
http://freebob.sourceforge.net/index.php/Main_Page

you'll need to compile a lot of stuff by yourself from source (libraw1394,
libavc1394, libiec61883):
http://freebob.sourceforge.net/index.php/Compiling_from_SVN_HOWTO

not every Firewire audiocard is supported, see this page for a list of known
working devices:
http://freebob.sourceforge.net/index.php/List_of_Supported_Devices

If you go this way stick with Fedora + CCRMA because is the system used by
freebob developers and you can easily get small latency (2,6 msec).

Be aware that is still somehow experimental.

ciao,
davide.