[PD] Hello world external

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Aug 30 15:29:24 CEST 2006

Javier García wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Im trying to create my first "Hello world" external with this tutorial:
>
> http://iem.kug.ac.at/pd/externals-HOWTO/pd-externals-HOWTO.pdf
>
> How to save the file (what format) and how to load at puredata to see it
> works?

the format is a textfile, usually ending with .c (and not .txt)
to load it into pd, you will have to compile it. you need a compiler for
this. this is not covered by the howto, since compiling is heavily
system dependent (and if you know enough C to follow the example, you
should be able to compile).

for examples on how to compile an external, have a look into the
makefiles of the externals that come with pd (e.g. doc/6.externs/ or
/extra/*/) or have a look at one of the externals in the CVS at
sourceforge (there is a webbrowser at
http://pure-data.cvs.sourceforge.net/pure-data/externals/)

m,fgasdr
IOhannes