[PD] pd-competition?

Christopher Charles schraubzwingenhalterung at web.de
Wed Aug 30 18:48:33 CEST 2006

Frank Barknecht wrote:

> We could easily circumvent this by doing something like a "pure-pd"
> compo: Make the most out of what Miller gives us. I guess, then
> Obiwannabe would win. ;)
>
> But I would prefer an "everyone's a winner" compo anyways.
>
> Ciao

pure-pd should definitely have a category of it's own, too. about the
"everyone's a winner" argument, well, without the competitive aspect the
compo would become a simple patch show-off like it is possible right
now, too (everyone can show his or her patches whenever he or she
wants). having a real competition, the pd community might garner some
more attention throughout the various other geek/art/music/opensource
communities. how about "everyone's a winner, but only one patch per
category gets the representative winner badge (which represents all the
other winners, too , of course)"? ;)
all in all, i, too, think it's not the winners that count (but being a
pd-compo winner would make your mommy mighty proud). it's more important
to have a central collection of recent patches that show off the state
of the art patching capabilities of the pd community on a regular basis.

charlie