R: R: R: R: [PD] Arduino

Davide Morelli info at davidemorelli.it
Wed Aug 30 19:32:04 CEST 2006

> I'll try and test this today, would it work if I connected
> the same sensor to all the analog ins? I don't have enough
> space on my board for
> 8 voltage dividers!

my IR sensors have 3 pins:
* voltage input = RED
* voltage output = white
* ground = black

I just connected:
* all the RED together into the 5v output of arduino
* all the BLACK together in the ground of arduino (just right of the 5v
output)
* every WHITE on a separate arduino analog IN

i don't use any voltage divider.. (maybe i'm very dumb?)

if you use a single sensor then you will get a very low signal going from 0
to 1v instead of 0 to 5v, but you should be able to see something... (you
won't see the ghost effect I see on pin 1, 3 and 4)

the better thing would be to use 5 or 6 pots or 5 or 6 sliders

ciao,
davide